GEORGETOWN, Texas (KXAN) – The Texas Department of Transportation said Tuesday that it and the City of Georgetown will hold a two-week virtual public meeting beginning Thursday to discuss improvements to 2243 Ranch to Market Road in Williamson County suggestion.
Here are the proposed changes according to TxDOT:
- Widen RM 2243 (Leander Road) from Southwest Bypass to Norwood Drive to two lanes in each direction
- Add a raised median with turning lanes
- Provide pedestrian and bicycle lanes from the Southwest Bypass to the I-35 frontage.
- Install signal lights at RM 2243 and River Ridge Drive
- Rebuild the intersection of RM 2243 and Southwest Bypass to be compatible with nearby project plans
- TxDOT said additional rights-of-way are needed, but said “no residential or non-residential displacement is currently anticipated.”
According to TxDOT, the virtual public meeting will include pre-recorded presentations and other materials for review and comment.
TxDOT says the presentation will be online Thursday, May 25 at 9:00am to Friday, June 9 at 11:59pm
According to TxDOT, written comments may be submitted by:
- Online comment form on the virtual public meeting page
- Mail to RM 2234 (Leander Road), Attn: CD&P, PO Box 5459, Austin TX 78763
- email to[email protected]
Verbal comments may be sent by calling 512-887-2095. All comments received on or before Friday, June 9 will be included as part of the official public meeting minutes, TxDOT said.
This is the second hearing to improve RM 2243. TxDOT held a hearing in April on the proposed reconstruction and widening of the road between 183A and the Southwest Bypass.